Dr. Roger Mixter is a board certified plastic surgeon and has practiced cosmetic surgery in Wisconsin for over twenty years. Originally from Milwaukee, Dr. Mixter is a graduate of Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons. He completed general surgery and plastic surgery residencies at the Mayo Clinic and advanced training in facial reconstruction at the Australian craniofacial unit. Dr. Mixter is Emeritus Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin and Assistant Professor at Marquette University. He serves as an examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In his academic medical practice, Dr. Mixter has authored more than 50 medical articles and book chapters. His practice focus is cosmetic surgery including: face lifts, eye lifts, breast augmentation, and reduction, abdominoplasty, liposuction, lip augmentation and many other innovative surgical and laser procedures. Dr. Mixter also has a large breast reconstructive practice and has sponsored numerous Breast Cancer Awareness programs.
Dr. Mixter has received advanced training in cutaneous (skin) laser surgery and is medical director of Laser Centers of Wisconsin, a multi-site laser center specializing in cosmetic laser surgery procedures. Plastic Surgery residents go through a laser fellowship under his direction at Laser Centers of Wisconsin. Dr Mixter enjoys his work as medical director of a community volunteer program called Lose the Tattoos – Wisconsin Tattoo Removal Program that removes gang-related tattoos from “at risk” youth in exchange for community service.
Dr. Mixter is a Milwaukee native and resides in Mequon with his wife.
- Board Certified by: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of General Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Wisconsin Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Wisconsin State Medical Society
- Director of The F.A.C.E. Foundation
- Columbia Hospital, Milwaukee
- St. Mary’s-Ozaukee, Mequon
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- F.A.C.E. Foundation
- LOSE THE TATTOOS Foundation